UTP Rankings and Interprovincial Eligibility
Only the highest ranking points between the Winter and Spring matchplay series in an age group in each season will be counted towards UTP rankings, that is in each age group points for only one matchplay event will be added to each player's ranking.
Tournaments Qualifying for UTP Ranking Points
1. UTP ranking points will only be allocated to certain Irish tournaments outside of Ulster. The following events will qualify for ranking points; these are National-level tournaments and Provincial Grade 1 events:
- National Winter Matchplays
- National Spring Matchplays
- National Indoor Championships
- National Spring Championships
- Templeogue Junior Open
- Malahide Junior Open
- Munster Junior Open
- Leinster Junior Open
- Connacht Junior Open
- Irish Junior Open (Fitzwilliam)
2. For Irish tournaments outside Ulster, where there is a qualifying draw, no points will be allocated for any qualifying matches, only for main draw results.
3. National and International events (ITF/ETA/LTA) – points will be allocated as before for main draw results, and for qualifying draws if a player wins (or receives a walkover in) at least one match. No points will be allocated if a player loses their first match in qualifying.
4. Ulster tournaments are unchanged and players will be allocated points automatically as before.
Ulster Interprovincial Eligibility
The following criteria will apply for eligibility for representation on Ulster Under 14 or Under 18 Interprovincial teams:
In order to be eligible for selection on an Ulster Interprovincial team, under normal circumstances players must play a minimum of three Ulster tournaments. Only one of the two Ulster Matchplay series events (Winter or Spring) may count towards this total, but not both, i.e. at least two of the three required tournaments must be non-matchplay events. National or International tournaments held in Ulster do not count as Ulster tournaments.
The Interprovincial team selection process will remain as before, i.e. each team will consist of the top four players in the UTP rankings at the time of selection plus a wild card as chosen by the non-playing captain (assuming players meet the eligibility criteria above). Players with a poor disciplinary record during the season may also be deemed ineligible for selection.