What is Ulster Tennis Clubmark?
Ulster Tennis Clubmark is a quality standard for Tennis Clubs throughout Ulster. Accreditation is awarded to Tennis Clubs who achieve the core criteria in four key areas:-
- Effective Management
- Quality Coaching and Competition
- Safety in Sport
- Equality and Sports Equity
Benefits of Ulster Tennis Accreditation
1. Club Development
Working towards accreditation will assist your Club to adopt and implement effective policies and procedures, to deliver relevant and appropriate opportunities for participation and development, and to provide a safe environment for young people to take part in Tennis. It will support the development of effective partnerships that will enhance the capacity of your Club.
2. Increasing Membership
By gaining accreditation, your Tennis Club will enhance its ability to recruit new members and to increase membership in relation to players, administrators, coaches and volunteers. Simultaneously, being recognised as a quality Tennis Club provides reassurance for parents and guardians.
3. Developing Administrators, Coaches and Volunteers
Ulster Tennis Accreditation encourages Clubs to identify and address the needs of administrators, coaches and volunteers. Identifying suitable policies, procedures and training opportunities will have a positive impact on the personal and professional development of individuals within your Tennis Club.
4. Raising the Club Profile
Accredited Tennis Clubs will be listed on the Northern Ireland Quality Club database on the Clubmark NI webpage. Tennis Clubs will receive an award to recognise their achievement which will also be highlighted by Sport Northern Ireland.
5. Additional Benefits
Accredited Tennis Clubs will receive a range of benefits. These include;
- A Clubmark Certificate for display
- One free Sport Northern Ireland Coach Development & Education workshop for a group of up to 20 coaches
- Clubmark Wind Breaker
- Obtain higher no. of points for your Club in Ulster Tennis Club of the Year Competition
- Acknowledgement of success in Ulster Tennis News
- Invitation to Sport NI Presentation Ceremony (when available)
What is the Process?
- The first stage is to register your Club on to the Ulster Tennis Clubmark programme by e-mailing Lauren at http://www.sportni.net/clubs-coaching/clubmark-ni/. Your Club representative will then receive an electronic copy of the Clubmark Support Folder.
- Your Club will then work to achieve the standards outlined, using the Ulster Tennis Support Folder and Ulster Tennis templates (available below) Once your Club has achieved the relevant criteria it then submits the completed Club Support Folder to Ulster Tennis. If your Club can demonstrate that it meets the criteria then a Club Visit will be conducted.
- An Ulster Tennis representative will conduct a Club Visit to assess your Club in action. If your Club can demonstrate that it meets the Ulster Tennis standards outlined, accreditation will be awarded.
- Once accredited, your Tennis Club will be listed on the Northern Ireland Quality Club database of quality clubs and will be able to enjoy the benefits of accreditation outlined above.
Ulster Tennis Clubmark Templates
The following templates are available to support the Clubmark process.
Some of the files below are in MS Word format and others in PDF format. PDF files can be viewed using the free Adobe PDF Reader.
- Latest News
- Find a Club
- UBTI Strategy & Templates
- Club Development
- Child Protection
- Disciplinary Code
- Health & Safety
- Mental Health & Well-being